Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Daily Report: One Through Five

I overslept quite a bit today because of being up at 6:00 a.m. the day before and not getting in a nap during the day. It's like that with me: For every hour less than 9 hours that I sleep in a night, I'm going to require 2 hours of sleep at some point in the future. I do hate that about myself. I want to be one of those people that can get 6 hours of sleep for months on end, and not feel it in the slightest.

My morning workday was only so-so. Okay... crappy, honestly. I had subway delivery for lunch. Then I put in a crappy afternoon. (Truth be told, my definition of crappy in regards to the amount of work I have been doing lately would have qualified as "more than acceptable" a couple of months ago. I'm just being hard on myself.)

In the early evening, Pui wanted to go out and spend the 120 baht of free coupons that we had for the bakery in Foodland. Of course, I had to pick up some odds and ends while I was at the grocery store. 4,000 baht later, we stopped in the bakery to pick up 120 baht of croissants. Nothing like free stuff, eh?

This evening, my intention was to sit down with Pui and watch the first episode of the first season of "24", which I joyfully found on DVD at Tukcom Plaza.

So we sat down and watched the first episode. It ended, and I got up to take the DVD out of the player, and Pui looked up at me from the sofa and made her "ow!" sound, which in Thai means, "Hey wait a minute!" So I acquiesced and let her watch another hour. "Ow!" A third hour. "Ow!" A fourth hour. "Ow!" A fifth hour. The girl is an instant hardcore "24" junkie. (I've never seen the first season before, and so far, it isn't as good as seasons 2 and 3, so Pui is in deep trouble when we get to those.) At this rate, we should be hitting season number 2 at the end of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jil, We did the exact same thing with 24's first season. Only we liked it better than 2 and 3. Enjoy the adrenalin... ;) Your sister.