Sunday, February 04, 2007

Daily Report: A Better Day

I got a full morning of work done, and then took the rest of the day off. (Being Sunday, I always give myself the afternoon off.)

I wish every day was like today. I took Pui and Pot out shopping. I bought Pot a pair of sunglasses and a really swish toy jet plane. I bought Pui 2 dresses and shoes. I was everybody's hero.

(Just to give you an idea of how different Pui is from most Thai girls, when she found out that the first dress I picked out for her was 2,000 baht ($50), she refused to try it on, saying it was too expensive. When I got to a second store, I made sure to tell the saleslady not to tell Pui any prices, and I had to con her into thinking that the dress she was trying on only cost 500 baht before she let me buy it for her.)


The food court on the fourth floor of
Royal Garden Plaza overlooking the Bay.
We went to lunch at the food court of Royal Garden Plaza, which probably has one of the nicest views of any mall food court on the planet.

After that, I stopped by Rick's bar for a couple of beers, while Pui went down the road to get her hair done. She got it styled in a fashion that is popular in Korea right now: Hanging straight down, but evolving into big flattened curls towards the bottom. It didn't look that good.


Pui and her friend, Gae, who is one of
the funniest and nicest girls in TQ2.
Then, it was back home for a little while before going out to TQ2 for the evening. Pui, of course, wore her new dress. I secretly told everybody to compliment Pui on her dress, and within 10 minutes of arriving, she had a grin a mile wide from all the compliments she received.

They were having a "Mad Hatter" party at TQ2, which basically meant "wear a hat". A good number of the regulars showed up, which was nice to see. They served some food as well.


Our BBQ was fixed by one of Pattaya's
more recognizable figures. He usually
mans the bug cart, but tonight he was
doing the BBQ. Nice guy too.
Pui and I called it a night shortly before 11:00. We stopped by Marine Plaza on the way home for some meat on a stick, and then made our way home.

When we got home, we discovered that Pot (under the care of Maid Go) has once again come down with a cold and fever. He is such a germ magnet. I crushed half an aspirin tablet and half a Tylenol, mixed it in sugar and a little water, and fed that to him... just like my mother used to do to me when I was young. That seemed to calm the worst of his symptoms.

3 comments:

Pattaya Expat said...

Hi Jil,
I am a self proclaimed daily JIP junky and I reside right here in Pattaya so most of it's very informative.

I'd like to shout you a bite as I'm not much of a barguy.

I'd like to email you privately or msn. How may I reach you? Cheers.

Pattaya Expat said...

...And thanks for the effort in production and research by the way!

Jil Wrinkle said...

I'm always at TQ2 on Soi BJ off Walking Street every Sunday night from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Feel free to stop by and chat! Thanks for reading!