Thursday, October 12, 2006

Undamaging

I've started on my official path back to health by jogging. The complete mess I have made of my body is starkly apparent.

I can do a light jog for about 45 seconds, and then I have to slow down to a slow jog for about 45 seconds, and then a brisk 30 second walk...

And that's it. No more oxygen left.

That's really the whole purpose of these early days of exercising though: To once a day raise my pulse, get my heart working, and get myself gasping for air, with big deep painful, raspy breaths that get the oxygen down deep. Get used to breathing again, and get my lungs out of whatever catatonic, nonfunctional state they are currently in.

1 comment:

Issarat said...

Enjoy your life...train a little bit.
If you need a program; let me know and I can/will set you up on one when I am there.
Let Bob know, he has my number.