Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I Have To Chuckle

I got a funny comment a couple of posts below: "I won't be reading your blog any more."

This is funny for one reason alone: There are only 2 people who read my blog on a regular basis, and that is my mother and a guy named Franky. They are the only people who matter to me... and (as much as I value their tuning in regularly) even they can take a hike if they don't like what I write. (They know that too: I've told them.)

There may actually be the rare occasion where my readership goes from two to... oh, I don't know... maybe seven people. Does the sudden arrival of 5 new readers set my heart a-flutter? Ha.

I write this blog to: (1) Keep my writing skills up to snuff, (2) keep my mother abreast of what's going on in my life, and (3) entertain myself by pretending I'm a world-famous blogger. When "outsiders" show up and read what I've posted here, it just baffles me, like strangers stopping on the road outside to peer through my living room window. I mean, you're perfectly welcome, but why do you bother?

...and to add comedy to mystery: Go ahead and walk away in a huff after stopping by as if that somehow matters to me.

Hey: I have no idea, to tell the truth. Maybe there are hundreds of people reading this blog every day, and I'm completely unaware. Doesn't really matter though. I'm going to keep posting shit that only a mother could love.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of your daily readers. In fact, I read your blog even before I read the New York Post's Page Six.
You have more fans than you realize.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Perhaps you're right. I don't hear from other people very often about this blog. Bob of Bob's BBQ and Mike both read occasionally also, and every once in a while other people make a comment.

Still though, this blog really is writing for writing's sake. It's a diary of my life, an exercise in writing, navel-gazing, and self-analysis. It's the long-distance, grown-up answer to a mother's "What did you do at school today?"

Well, Anonymous, I hope you enjoy the blog. You are officially daily reader #3.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I read your blog! The comments box is such an unbelievably huge pain in the ass I just stopped trying to post a comment. (This is my fifth try! Seriously!)
Signed,
Your sister who really isn't a total idiot. ;)

Jil Wrinkle said...

I've never understood what's so hard about leaving comments. Click on "Anonymous", type your message, type in the word verification, and press enter. Doesn't that work?

If it's a problem, create a username and go that route. That should work.

Issarat said...

You wrote that your blog was one "that only a mother could love."
-I resent that remark, however I will continue to view your blog.
FYI, your blog has 1 more reader than mine!
LOL, see you at the TOGA party (I hope)
-Franky

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog and read it daily as my schedule allows.