Wednesday, October 04, 2006

One Thing Leads To Another

I took a break from work at about 6:00 p.m. to go with Pui and Pot to Royal Garden Plaza. We had two goals: To plan Pot's birthday party around the cinema schedule, and to buy a pair of jogging shoes for myself. After we got those things taken care of, I wound up buying Pui a camera. (She only wanted a film camera for 1,200 baht... not some digital thing, so it wasn't a big deal.)

While at RGP, I got Bob's weekly text message announcing his Wednesday Night Rib Special, so instead of going straight home, we went off to dinner at about 7:00.

Since Bob's restaurant is quite close to Rick's bar, I figured we could stop by there for a beer before going home, which we did at about 8:00. Mike and Riza were there as well as Rick and Da, and Justin and Rat. After a couple of beers, they announced that they were on their way to Jameson's for dinner, to which Pui and I decided to go along at 9:00. (Yes... a second dinner.)

At Jameson's, we all ate and made merry, drinking ale and eating steak pies and Cockaleekie soup. Finally at 10:30 we called for the check.

It's now 11:00, and my 1-hour shoe-shopping, movie-scheduling trip has come to an end.

No comments: