Thursday, October 26, 2006

Daily Report

It was another generic day for me, all told. I woke up later than I wanted, but not too late, did less work than I wanted, but not a terribly small amount, took a nap that was longer than it should have been, but not too long, and then messed around on the internet for a while before going out to TQ2 where I had a good time... but not too good.

Pot gets carsick on the school van. Both to and from, he yacked. Considering that he handled 10-hour bus trips to Petchabun, that struck me as a little odd. Then, I found out that he is sitting rear-ward, and the van is zipping and turning and stopping and starting, and add all that together, and Pot's lunch is a projectile candidate.

I found a guy in Pattaya who owns (rents out) 5 Yamaha Morphus scooters. I'm going to test drive one of them eventually. He told me where he buys them used up in Bangkok, and the prices he mentioned were much lower than what the guy on Sukhumvit at Siam Racing Cycles was quoting.

After leaving TQ2 tonight, I stopped by the Sundown Cantina, which is part of the Jasmine Hotel, which is a little hotel down at the end of Soi BJ on Walking Street. It's really rather nicely done up... about as pretty as you can make the standard cement-box row house style of architecture so prevalent here in Thailand.

I'm not going to pass judgement on their tacos because I got them to go, and they were put steaming hot in a to-go box, and by the time I got home with them, they were soggy. The flavor was good though. I'll eat in next time, and will get a better idea of how good they are. (Mexican food and barbeque are definitely the "in-style" foods now in Pattaya.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So - what's happening about Pot's problem on the bus?
jww

Jil Wrinkle said...

This morning, we supplied him with a barf bag, and told him to sit facing fowards from now on.

Issarat said...

That makes total sense, unlike the first posters comment.