Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Running Around

Today on my lunch break, Pui and I went with Pot and got him registered at Buripha school. Pot is pretty jazzed about the place, and understands perfectly well that he'll be with new kids, learning a new language, and all that. No problems with the prospect so far. (The school administrators at first didn't believe that Pot was almost 5 years old. He is really miniature, even by Thai standards. Sara, Rick's daughter, at 2½ years, is the same height.)

After that it was off to Siam Racing Motorcycles to see if they could get their hands on a Yamaha Morphous for me. Much to my surprise, they actually had one in their showroom... but it was an older style, used, and was 260,000 baht. I'd rather buy a new one when I get the spare cash.

From there, it was off to McDonald's for lunch. Pot had a hamburger bun and ketchup. Pui had chicken, and I tried the new rice chicken burger (plus the beef patty from Pot's hamburger).

Finally, we all went to Mini Siam... 350 baht for the 3 of us. (349 baht for farangs, 1 baht for Thai adults, and Pot was free.) Pui had a great time looking at all the miniature Thai ruins... although she was a bit let down with the fact that there were no sites from Petchabun in the joint. Pot just liked the toy cars and the airport.

Now, 2½ hours later, my lunch break is over and it is back to work.

No comments: