Friday, October 27, 2006

Great Read


This is a great article on how really bad, how inept, and how corrupt the current congress is. Similar to a previous article written on how bad a president George Bush is, this article goes into great detail using lots of little mind-blowing incidents that we never really knew about to illustrate just how... well... mean our congressional representatives actually are.

(The letter from Randy "Duke" Cunningham to a reporter in Los Angeles filled to overflowing with spelling and punctuation errors is also quite telling about what kind of people we are sending to Washington:
“Each time you print it hurts my family And now I have lost them Along with Everything I have worked for during my 64 years of life,” Cunningham wrote. “I am human not an Animal to keep whiping [sic]. I made some decissions [sic] Ill be sorry for the rest of my life.”
“As truth will come out and you will find out how liablest [sic] you have & will be. Not once did you list the positives. Education Man of the Year…hospital funding, jobs, Hiway [sic] funding, border security, Megans law my bill, Tuna Dolfin [sic] my bill…and every time you wanted an expert on the wars who did you call. No Marcus you write About how I died.”

Sorry... that's a cheap shot at the learning disabled elected officials among us... I should be more sensitive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nine Republicans and One Democrat on the 10 Worst Congressman List. Fair and balanced? Not! All of them are sleaze. How is it possible to pick out ten, unless it supports an agenda.

Jil Wrinkle said...

The party in power always has 9 out of 10 of their Congressmen doing something sleazy. It's the burden of incumbancy. When the Democrats take back the house, they're going to be the ones who start getting bribed, or looking for opportunities to get more power or influence.