Friday, October 06, 2006

Party

I really don't know the first thing about kids, but Pot must have the shortest attention span of any kid on the planet.

I bought the movie "Cars" for him to watch on Friday night when his friends are over. (He'll be watching it again on Sunday when we go for a second, larger party with his friends. He begged me about 4 times a day to watch the movie for the 3 days leading up to the big night. He practically wet his pants in joy when I finally dropped the DVD into the tray.

20 minutes later? Pot was at my desk, begging me to put Ice Age 2 in. 20 minutes after that? Yup. The Tom & Jerry movie.

Well, anyway, Pot had 2 of his friends over and Pui bought him a cake, although nobody ate any of it. (Thai kids don't have a taste for heavy-duty sweets, which is great unless you've just shelled out $5 for a cake.)

Back again. Finding Nemo.

Man it's going to be fun watching him suffer on Sunday where he can't change out the movie whenever he wants to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attention span? Its usual to plan things of no longer than 10 minutes in school at that age.
Cute pic.
jww