Sunday, September 10, 2006

Run To The Border

No planned vacation out of Thailand this month, so it was off to Cambodia for my every-30-day visa renewal process.

The visa run van left from Soi Buakow at 6:30 a.m., so I was there promptly at 6:25... only to find the van had already left. I called the van and gave them a piece of my mind about their idea of what qualifies as "on time", and they politely turned around and came back and picked me up... arriving right at 6:30 as luck would have it.

None of the other 5 visa runners in the van had a problem coming back to get me either (even though I apologized greatly), realizing that 6:30 is, after all, not a mutable quantity... Unless you're Thai, that is: Upon coming back, the lady leading the visa run showed me her watch, reading "6:32" and said, "See? We left the first time right at 6:30!"

No comments: