Saturday, September 02, 2006

Out Shopping

After blocking all of the cartoon channels on the TV set to cure Pot of his addiction (though to be honest, I did leave The Disney Channel, since that has only occasional cartoons), I realized that the poor kid needed something to do with his time besides lying on the floor and jerking spasmodically muttering "Fah-lin-stones... Fah-lin-stones" over froth-speckled lips.

So, I took Pot shopping for toys, of course. I realized that he has a crappy stash of brightly-colored plastic things to play with.

Fortunately, as any adult in Pattaya will tell you, toys here in Thailand are dirt cheap. I spent $10 and basically loaded 3 shopping bags full of stuff. There was a big ol' truck, a ball, a sword and shield, a bunch of coloring books, an Ultraman outfit (no, I don't know who that is either), and plastic tennis raquets and balls. Pot's girlfriend Sara (Rick's daughter), is back in town, so he specifically picked out that last toy as a "two-can-play" option.

I also bought Pot a new swimming vest (for $40... sheesh) since his old one had pretty much had it. Hopefully the higher price means that Pot will get more than 40 or 50 hours of swim time out of it.

No comments: