Thursday, September 28, 2006

One Week

Today marks the 1-week anniversary of my last cigarette. I'm surprised that I can actually feel a difference... that I feel healthier, though I still have a little bit of a cough. It has been suprisingly easy actually, most probably because I took the stop-smoking pills for about 2 weeks first, which cut my smoking down to about 5 cigarettes a day, before I stopped smoking completely.

What's especially impressive is that for 4 days in the past week, I was out to TQ2 drinking and hanging around some (but not that many) smokers, and barely had a craving.

Now I've got to lose the beer belly... 75 pounds.

My ultimate goal is to swim 100 yards in under 1 minute. When I can do that, I'll be back to the level of health that I was in high school.

My father went through all of this, going from flab to fab during his 40s. He was running marathons after 5 years of dedication to being healthy. Unfortunately, I can't run very well because of a miniscule knee defect. The best I was ever able to do was jog about a mile. (Although at the current time, if I could even jog 100 yards, I'd be thrilled.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll make you a deal; get me info on your job and I will train you whilst living there.
You know my name...
frankyfire

Jil Wrinkle said...

Here you go.