Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Rainy Wednesday

It's a boring workday here at the Wrinkle residence, Thailand.

Yesterday, the air conditioner repair fellows came to fix the air conditioner in the master bedroom, as every morning, after about 8 hours of operation, the air conditioner mounted high up on the wall would release a cascade of water onto the floor. I am usually asleep when it does this, and my maid always comes in at about 6:00 a.m. and quietly cleans the bedroom and bathroom before I wake up, and always mops up the water before I ever even notice... so it went on for what may have been several weeks before I even figured out what was going on.

So the air conditioner guys came and fixed whatever the problem was. Unfortunately, according to the air conditioning repair rule book, if you fix one problem, you have to leave another one in its place. Therefore, when I turned on the AC last night before going to bed, it made a terrible racket... like a sewing machine.

So, the guys came back and fixed that problem today. Of course, true to form, now the moveable louver on the front of the AC is stuck in one position. Since this is a problem I can actually live with, and the next problem (once this one is solved) may not be, I have decided not to call for another fix-a-problem / make-a-problem visit from the AC repair crew.

No comments: