Sunday, September 24, 2006

Cough

I finally tracked down the source of my cough... the one I thought was a "World Trade Center cough."

It turns out it was a side-effect of the Wellbutrin stop-smoking pills that I was taking. Believe it or not, the symptoms were the same as what is described as a WTC cough.

And what a cough it was: I would cough so hard that I would literally go into hypoxic seizures. (It was actually a cool experience, in a tripped-out, starving-the-brain-of-oxygen kind of way.) I'm lucky I didn't crack a rib actually.

Well, the tradeoff was dozens of funky, head-spinning, hand-twitching experiences in exchange for a slow agonozing death from lung cancer. Hell: I couldn't pay my high school head $5 and get that kind of rush.

2 comments:

wbilanco said...

So who was the Highschool head... Alot of parents thought I was since I was from the Philly area and wore dark close all the time.... :)

Jil Wrinkle said...

We had no highschool head that I know of actually. Our school was far too boring for such a character.