Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Sunday Ending With Ass Glue

Woke up today and got a little work done before my noontime/midnight quitting point. After that, it was over to Owen's house for his son's and wife's birthday party. (Yes: Same day.) It was a good time, and Bob provided the catering as per usual.

After that, it was out to TQ2 with Riza's Mike to hang out with Stan, Steve, Bob, et. al. for a couple of beers.

I've been developing a really bad smoker's cough seemingly in reaction to the less that I smoke. (I'm down to 2-3 cigarettes per day.) Mike recommended this super crazy Chinese cough syrup which I picked up on the way home. Syrup seems to be defined differently in China than in America, where we would call this medicine more "molasses" than anything else. Well, it doesn't taste bad... more like a semi-melted cough drop.

When I got home, I read the ingredients on the bottle... being the only thing not in Chinese script on the entire package. Now I'm worried: Among the 20 or 30 ingredients, the most prominent ingredient, coming in at 5%, is "ass glue."

This stuff had better work seriously well, if I'm to become a chronic ass-glue consumer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahaahhaaaa !!!!!!!


Post a pic of the stuff ........

Jil Wrinkle said...

I'd love to post a photo, but all I have is my camera phone, and it can't take a photo of the tiny letters.

Just go to any Thai drug store, and look for a pink box about 5 inches tall by 2 inches wide and deep, with Chinese characters written on it.

Penrick said...

I will never get ass glue out of my mind now. Off to Google!