Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I Quit, She Said

Pui quit her job. (Actually, she went on a week-long vacation and was fired, but that's pretty much the same thing.)

I'm happy of course. I was never able to tell Pui to quit her job because she made far too much money for me to be able to come close to paying her even a fraction of her income to help out her family or whatnot. (However, with the smaller house and smaller rent coming up, at least things will be a little easier all around.)

Anyway, her boss's loss is my gain... and Pot's gain as well. Everyone is happy.
p.s. I think that is why so many Thai people can never hold down a job for a year or more: They get one day off per month, and perhaps a couple of days vacation or something thrown in once a year. You can't work like that for any length of time. Eventually you start calling in sick, and then you just go on vacation. Just one more thing this country needs to fix in order to create a real middle class.

No comments: