Thursday, April 20, 2006

Moving Day

So I'm moving out past Sukhumvit Road, the main highway past town. I don't know why, but there is some mental barrier that is crossed when crossing Sukhumvit Road as well. It's kind of like crossing Pacific Avenue in Atlantic City (the first street back from the Boardwalk): You leave the official part of Pattaya behind, where the tourists are, and move back onto native soil where you're not ticketed to go.

(It's the place where all of those weird farangs live, who actually speak Thai, and eat spicy food and know real Thai people. It will be fun to meet people like that in my new life on the other side of Sukhimvit Road.)

Anyway, I'm moving on Saturday, April 22, which both Maid Go and Pui have declared is a most excellent day for moving, in a "the monks would approve" kind of way. (First Saturday of the new year, I'm guessing.)

The house is a 3-bedroom house with no yard, but is in a nice development with a nice pool for Pot to piss in. Best of all, it's one-third the price of the house I'm currently living in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will look fine over there wearing your 20 baht necklace.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Heheh. Yeah... I didn't think of that. Don't you just love being rich?

Anonymous said...

Or the assumption that you are rich .....

LOL !