Thursday, January 17, 2008

Daily Report: Housing Settled, Blog Not

I've been over-sleeping a bit lately. I think the reason is that the sun is rising much later now than it did in the summer time (as it tends to do). I wait until the sun is up — at about 7:00 — before contemplating wakefulness.

I've been in touch with my next landlord in Cagayan in the Philippines, and he has a photo of my new front yard (which I forgot to snap while there during Christmas). So I present to you the view from my next house.As soon as the tax refund arrives, I'll be making the move to The Philippines.

I haven't figured out whether I'll rename the blog or not, or keep it as a Pattaya blog, and then start a second Cagayan Blog, or change this blog to a Cagayan blog.

Right now, the plan is to just keep posting about Pattaya news as it happens, post about my life in Cagayan, and add Cagayan news as well. I'm thinking about having one of my friends come on as a blogger as well to do some occasional writing about his life in Pattaya to keep a local perspective.

Anyway, give me some feedback if you have any other ideas or input for what I should do with the blog when I move to The Philippines in a month or two.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice view it sounds like an exciting move. I say just continue blogging if it works for you. No need to change name. Just write what you want its your blog not ours. Good luck with the upcoming move.
from Jakal

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your blog about Pattaya especially the restaurant reviews.


Think you are going to have to revise the name as you will no longer be in Thailand???


Good luck in the PI and look forward to reading your experiences there.

As a side note many expats here have tried the PI route and ended up back in Thailand in time.

Anonymous said...

It's really not about Pattaya. It's about Jil with one L. Just rename it to that and continue where you are going next and then where ever after that.

Jil Wrinkle said...

I'd like to keep the name also, Jakal... but need to keep some Pattaya stuff if I'm going to... and explain to newbies about the name.

Sneep: I would be interested in knowing how many of those expats went to the islands or the smaller towns instead of Angeles or Manila which are much more interchangeable with Pattaya or Bangkok.

Heh. That is nice of you to say Anon, but I still think it's a Pattaya blog first and foremost.

Anonymous said...

Great view !!! It might be really hard to work with sights like that. Maybe you should rename the blog - include your name, pattaya and PI in the name - all encompassing....whatever you decide, hopefully you will keep writing. It's a joy to read.

Anonymous said...

i don't have any ideas but i have to say I'm gonna miss your view about pattaya.

good luck Jil

Issarat said...

I say just keep a link to pattaya city news and write about your daily/weekly events in PI.
Pattaya is in the rear view mirror; why hang on to it?
Just my two cents.

Unknown said...

why not take a break and spend more time with Epril and her family?

...then maybe start a new blog down the road! good to mix things up a bit...you'll be missed, though!
just my 2 cents...

mataho (freezin' in the states for just one more day!!)

Anonymous said...

you never discussed on your blog your decision to move to the PI. I love reading through your logic and decision making process.

Anonymous said...

why would anyone choose to more away from a fuji?????????????? That won't work.....

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best but I think you will find that the Peens is slow, boring and the food is terrible...

Anonymous said...

I agree with Gar; plus you won't have as many friends there.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Anon 9:37: Good point. I will write about my decision to move to the PI at some point.

Dulcify: Moving away from "Fuji," moving towards "Shabu Shabu."

Gar: C'mon... I love the food there.

Anon 8:25: I am really going to miss my friends here in Pattaya... that's for damn sure. But I'll be back to visit once or twice per year.

Anonymous said...

Jil from Pattaya to Cagayan

I have enjoyed your blog and will continue to read on.
PS: I was just in Pattaya and have accepted a job there. I'll be there in June. Ate at Bobs Twice while I was there (even put in a plug for you and your blog to him)The TQ2, well much time was spent there as well as Secrets.
Man that view is grand, good luck in your new adventure.

Anonymous said...

PSS: that last post was me....DAGO...LOL