Thursday, January 10, 2008

Daily Report: Close to Perfect on the Recipe

Up early, but laid around in the sunshine which streams directly onto my bed every morning, nice long shower, blogged, and enjoyed my coffee until mid-morning. Then I got to work. Go and Epril went to Fuji and brought home dumplings and makizushi for lunch.

In the afternoon, Epril and I listened to music. I'm always surprised about which music Epril is familiar with, and which she has never heard before. For example, today I found out that she knows all of Toto's music by heart, but had never heard anything by Supertramp.

In the evening, I had leftovers from our Fuji lunch. I also worked on matching Bob's strawberry margarita recipe. He gave me the basic instructions, and I worked on simplifying the formula, and have finally gotten my own version: One large shot glass of lime juice, one large shot glass of sugar, 8 strawberries, 2 large shot glasses of tequila, 2 large shot glasses of triple sec, and a double handful of ice, all in a blender. It isn't quite as good as Bob's, but it's about 90%.

On television, Epril and I watched a billiard trick shot competition, "The Amazing Race, Asia", and "24", and then we went to bed.

2 comments:

Issarat said...

you can confirm on the internet that sugar will not mix with water very well unless it is heated FIRST.
Try boiling some water; then put the sugar inside, you will use less sugar (better for you anyway) and it will not be gritty.
Example: in the deep south of the usa; sweet tea is made by brewing in the sunshine all day. The heat from the sun, creates warm water that will disolve the sugar, thus creating a sweet tea with no sandy grits of sugar; that happens when you heap teaspoons of sugar into a glass of ice tea.
(whew)

Jil Wrinkle said...

Actually, I found that putting the lemon juice, sugar, triple sec, and tequlia into the blender first, and then turning on the blender for a minute or so really mixes in the sugar well. Then I add in the strawberries and ice and turn the blender on again.