Friday, May 19, 2006

Superbowl Commercials

The last time I watched a Superbowl in order to see a football game was back in the early 1990s when my Buffalo Bills choked and died 4 years in a row. Ever since then, I tuned in pretty much to see the commercials... and drink beer if I was with friends.

Unfortunately, when I moved to Thailand, I discovered that the Superbowl broadcast here does not include the American commercials. Therefore the Superbowl in Thailand (broadcast early Monday morning, local time, as we are 12 hours ahead), is a complete waste. (And who drinks beer at 6:00 on a Monday morning, even with friends?)

But fortunately, I have discovered that Google Video now has all of the Superbowl commercials online. I'm sitting down to watch them right now.

Thank you Google. You haven't made Superbowl Monday any better, but at least now I can see what I missed.

No comments: