Monday, May 22, 2006

Movie Review

I went to see The DaVinci Code on Saturday night with Rick. (We had dinner at Fatties on Second Road beforehand. Not bad at all.)

I'm a pushover for movies, so I liked it just fine. (Besides, tickets for movies in Thailand are only $2.50, and a large popcorn and soda are $1.00. Can't complain that it wasn't worth it.)

The one complaint I have is the same complaint I have with every single movie that was once a book: They left stuff out. They left out all of the in-depth discussions about Fibronaci, that natural number thingy, all the extra gospels, the Madonna on the Rocks analysis, palimpsests, the history of Opus Dei, Les Dossier Secrets, the rose line, and on and on and on.

I'm sure some... or lots... of people would have found that stuff boring, but I wouldn't have. They should have an uncut version for the DVD.

No comments: