Friday, May 19, 2006

Fox News

As a rule, I generally don't rant/laugh about things like this on this blog, but I was watching Fox News and this one struck me as terribly funny. I don't have an exact quote... I'm just sitting down and typing it as I remember it. It was a guy talking about how the inmates at Guantanamo are a bunch of ingrates because they are rioting or something.

One commentator said, "They're just trying to get attention. Heck... One guy has tried to commit suicide 22 times so far. I don't know what they think they are going to prove."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the Fox News story also...I don't feel so bad for wanting to laugh, also. While I think we might be fairly far apart on the political spectrum, I have been enjoying your blog and observations on things asian. Twenty two attemps at suicide...I guess he gets a star for trying.

Jil Wrinkle said...

There was another part where the guy was saying, "I've been to Guantanamo... It's like certain high schools I've seen. It's nice there and the food is really good! I don't know why these people are complaining."

The guy was so totally and amazingly talking around the point that it was mind-boggling. It really seemed to me that he was so desparate to come up with some positive spin on Guantanamo that he just grasped at that straw (man) and ran with it. He went on for an entire minute about playing soccer, free time, open spaces... like the inmates were at summer camp or something.