Friday, July 21, 2006

Who Is Matt?

Once upon a time, a guy named Matt decided that he would go on a trip around the world. He did just that. In a fit of genius, he decided that he would dance everywhere he went. Hence this video, which reminds me that I've sat in one part of the world for a very long time.

I find this video really inspirational to tell the truth. I've said it a hundred times before: You're only a plane ticket away from one of the defining moments of your life. Here's something to get you started:

Once you've danced a jig on an Antarctic glacier, then you can tell me you've done it all.

Also, click through to go to other Matt videos. Click here to visit the web site.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am terrified to fly, but take solace in knowing that if I can get over this irrational fear, there is a huge world out there for exploring.
Kudos to you for taking the risk to move to the other side of the globe, and kudos to Matt for giving me goosebumps.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful life he must have, and I also find this video extremely uplifting. Makes me want to dance.
jww

Issarat said...

WOW, I am not a huge pussy, but this video actually brought a few tears to my eyes.
What an inspiration...well him and that guy with no legs that plays basketball.
-Franky
(check out my site.(

Jil Wrinkle said...

By the way... my recommendation is to go to the main website, and download the 40-megabyte versions of each of his video. The DVD detail of the large files makes for much more impressive viewing.

By the way, I e-mailed Matt and asked him some questions. His favorite archeological ruins that he has been to so far are Angkor Wat, and the first scene, with him dancing in a few inches of water is him on an immensely large salt flat in Bolivia.

Issarat said...

hmm, I would have thought it might have been dancing with those bargirls in Bangkok...I think he was pulling your leg!

Review the video and see how super happy he was in that shot and how he actually 'went after' one of the girls.