Sunday, November 27, 2005

Suksan Wan Gut!

Today was Bobby's third birthday party. Bobby is Steve's son.

Lessee... there were clowns who made pretty good balloon animals. This was definitely a hit with the Thai ladies, who (as always) live for brightly-colored plastic things of all types.

Mem (Steve's wife) got a very cool poodle with sunglasses, while Took got a pink panther. The whole thing got carried away when all the girls started placing take-out orders so they could bring home balloons to their friends. There was a magician too... but the kids lost interest when he let half a dozen doves fly around the room... the kids were running around trying to catch them. Oh... the feathers on the floor afterwards were a sad sight.

Bobby loves all things from Hot Wheels. I wish my parents had the common sense to invite all their friends to my birthday parties when I was a kid. Bobby (and Steve, whom I suspect likes Hot Wheels at least as much as Bobby) made out like a bandit. By the time that I got to Tesco Lotus' toy department, the entire Hot Wheels stock was sold out.

Steve's brother lives with his family up in Bangkok, and his parents (Bobby's grandparents) spend a lot of time in Thailand going back and forth between their houses. Steve's mother (upper left), is a retired teacher from New York, just like my mother.

...and like a pinhead, I didn't get a single photo of Bobby, the birthday boy.

No comments: