Friday, November 25, 2005

Random Rambling

Being Thanksgiving... the day after Thanksgiving... nobody has gone to the doctor in at least a day. Nobody will be going to the doctor for another 2 days.

There is no work to do. (Well, unless I want to try to transcribe Dr. Rasfanjani dictating brain surgery with a mouth full of turkey.)

Well that gave me the opportunity to watch some of the bootleg DVD's that I bought the other night.

But my DVD player seems to have busted.

Well that gave me the opportunity to take the motorcycle down to be fixed, as the horn seems to have stopped working.

But the police stopped me for going the wrong way on a one way street.

The police are funny in Thailand: They let everybody break the law for years and years... until everybody is driving both ways on this one particular street... to the point where nobody even realizes that the street is actually a one-way street. Then the police come out and give everybody tickets.

Well, I suppose it's lucrative.

So $5 and 20 minutes later after a trip to the police headquarters, I was on my way again.

In related news, all the traffic lights that were turned off have been turned back on again... but this time without the counters. (When the light turned red, a digital readout below it would count down from 140+ seconds, which gave everybody the opportunity to find ways to avoid the red lights —or just say 'screw it' and drive through the red light.) Well, I suppose it is safer than not having any traffic lights at all.

And here ends the most rambling boring post ever on this blog.

No comments: