Thursday, April 19, 2007

Daily Report: Tired of Typing

I was up nice and early, and got started at work at a pretty good time as well. I don't know what my problem was today, but everything just went slowwwly: Usually, I type about 2,000 lines in 5 hours. Today, at the 4-hour mark, I checked and I had only done 1,100 lines. When you feel like your moving right along, and then find that you've only gone that far... it deflates you.

Well, I managed to hang in there to drag myself, panting and puffing, across the 2,000 line mark before calling it a day.

I had Mike over to watch TV this evening, while Pui, Go, and Riza went out and celebrated the last day of Songkran. (Pui and Go both hate Songkran, but Riza was up for it, and thusly up for it were Pui and Go.) Pui actually called me at 11:00 as I was climbing into bed to ask me if she could stay out and party/sleep at her friend Ahm's house down the road until morning, which I said was fine.

My New York State income tax refund hasn't arrived yet... 2 months after it was filed. I wrote my accountant 3 e-mails over a period of 3 weeks, and he only just responded today, saying that I would have to figure out what the problem was on my own since he was too busy to do it. Hmm... good tax preparing skills... poor business skills, it seems. (Well... his tax preparing skills are actually pretty questionable as well since my federal tax check managed to go astray, and my New York tax check is M.I.A.)

No comments: