Sunday, April 01, 2007

Daily Report: Long Full Day

I was up at a pretty good time, and got to work early. I only did 1,000 lines in 3½ hours though: Being the weekend, all of my usual (i.e. easily understandable) accounts were empty of work, and all I had was some Indian doctor dictating bypass surgery reports over a shitty phone connection.

At 1:00, it was out with Pui for Thai massage. There is a place on Soi Nerm Pleubwan that charges only 120 baht per hour and they are very good. (It's just across the bridge over the railroad tracks in a little shopping plaza on the right just past a Family Mart.)

At 2:30, we met Bob and Ta for lunch at the Fuji in Carrefour. (We've decided that the Fuji at Big C in North Pattaya is better, and will go there from now on.) After that, Pui did some shopping.


Bob's BBQ Express is now taking orders
at Lennie's on Soi Diamond.
At 8:00 tonight, it was off to Lennie's on Soi Diamond for the grand opening of Bob's Burger Express. I had the honor of being Bob's first official customer. (I didn't feel like waiting for the free tacos, so ordered my own plate. They really are that good.) About 40 people showed up. I wound up chatting with the owners and managers of Heaven Above most of the evening. Nice guys. I had about 4 beers at Lennie's before moving on.


The lovely Kung, TQ2's
newest dancer.
At 9:30, it was off to TQ2 where I met up with Stan, Damon, Alf, Geordan, and Collin. My favorite service girl had the night off, and was hanging around for the evening. She's such a cute little thing, with a face like a Cabbage Patch Doll... and barely much taller. It's funny, because nobody (even the managers, Alf and Damon) can remember her name. There was also a new girl working at the bar, Kung, from Surin. Very pretty girl, but no English. We wound up chatting for a while. I spent about 1,000 baht on lady drinks, and had about another 10 vodka tonics myself.

At 10:30, it was over to Champion AGoGo, where Stan and I joined up with Jew, and did some more drinking. I wound up chatting with one of the show girls, Mai... another cutie. For the first time in memory, I actually outlasted Stan in a night of drinking, with him cashing in his chips before I did. (Stan was going to the Bangkok tropical fish market tomorrow and had to be up early.) I had a couple more drinks with Jew (a total of about 6) before heading out.


Every midnight at Boyz Boyz Boyz, the
ladyboys from Tiffany's put on a
cabaret show.
Since it was midnight, and I can count on one finger how many times per year I find myself still out partying at midnight, I decided to catch up with my transsexual friends from The Tiffany Show who put on a 20-minute cabaret show every night at midnight at Boyz Boyz Boyz gay bar in Soi Pattayaland 3. After the show, we sat around chatting and getting caught up. Oad and Kling were there, but Lolo was off putting on a show in Phuket for a few weeks. I had another 4 drinks there. (Jeez, the drinks in Boyz Boyz Boyz sure are expensive: 150 baht for a Heineken. That's approaching $5... which is New York City prices.)

(Time stamp adjusted to make entry fall on the day it refers to.)

No comments: