Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Port Security

I answered a poll the other day on CNN: "Do you think a company from an Arab country should be in charge of operations in American ports?"

My answer was, "Well, I really don't think that any foreign company should be in charge of American ports."

I always call the Bush administration on their bullshit when I see it, but I'm also always willing to stand up and defend them when they get the short end of the stick.

Fact of the matter is, currently there is a British company operating all of the ports in question. They are the fourth largest port operations company in the world. They are merging with another port operations company from the United Arab Emirates. That's pretty much all there is to it. They were nice enough to ask the Bush administration if there was any problem with this merger, and the Bush administration said no.

Everything else is political.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Gilly , and public beheadings are still the norm in Saudi - a bunch of fucking low life Arabs wearing sheets and butt fucking each others camels.

Jil Wrinkle said...

You have a very strange bestial anal fixation. First my cats, and now camels. What is up with that? Do you think about other things besides sodomizing animals, or is that pretty much the extent of your mental catalogue? Well, whatever works for you, I suppose. Just keep your pants up around the soi dogs.