Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Out For The Evening

Tuesdays I try to make it to TQ2 to hang out with the guys and mack on Bob's free food. (I would mention the free door prizes, but The Almighty has declared that I shall never win a door prize in this lifetime, so I'll skip that part. Besides, who wants to win a bunch of drinks and an hour in "The VIP Room" with 4 girls in their underwear? Apparently not me... otherwise I probably would have won by now.)

I was going to go home at around 8:30 or so, but instead I stopped by Margaritavilla for a little while and chatted with Rick. Then Steve, Riza, Richard, his wife and son, and sister in law, Nancy, stopped by. It was Riza's almost-birthday today (she's a leap-year baby) and they were doing a little celebrating, and I was invited along.

Therefore, we went off to Valencia, a restaurant on Tepprasit road which I had never heard of, but had some of the best Spanish food I had ever eaten. Lessee... we had calamari, shrimp and clams in this wonderful butter cream sauce, sauteed bell peppers (kept me up all night too, dammit), and a Spanish rice and chicken dish that I can't remember the name of.... peyote or something like that.

I love it when a night starts off with the plan to just have a quick drink and a bite at the local watering hole, and turns into a grand night on the town.

3 comments:

Issarat said...

I should have been in that top photo...I was there that night.
You can't ignore me forever!

Jil Wrinkle said...

You were sitting right next to me knucklehead! I said hi to you.

Issarat said...

I have been known to be a knucklehead..and worse!
Next time I will be happy to buy you a drink and mutter about how much I enjoy your blog!