Friday, August 26, 2005

Shopping

I took Toom to the kitchen store today. When I first moved into this new house and the kitchen was empty, Ning (the ex) went by herself to Big C and bought cheap shit, such as the tin frying pan that was rusting after just the fourth or fifth washing.

So, slowly but surely, I have been replacing the stuff that Ning bought with stuff that costs 5 times as much... but will last 100 times as long.

Today, we bought a nice 14-inch skillet with a glass top, an 8-inch skillet, and a 5-liter pot. All nice burnished steel on the bottom, chrome finish on the sides, and solid plastic grips on the handles. Oh... also some really swish chrome-like silverware where all the handles are round and the size of pencils.

When we were finished at the kitchen store, it was raining, so we walked next door to Foodland were I bought some Absolut Citron and olives. Yes indeedy: Martinis tonight!

I guess I'm going down to Chantaburi the weekend after this coming weekend... Jeep, Toom, me and Mr. Khieo going to visit a shrimp farm. I'll also be getting a course in Ruby selection from one of Toom's friends who is a gem dealer.

No comments: