Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Over The Counter

Quitting smoking was a complete nonevent. I just moseyed down to the drug store and picked up some mind-altering drugs that made smoking quite irrelevant to me. (Plus some Nicorette gum, just in case.)

Actually, I like the Thai drug-store approach of "if you need it, I'll sell it to you". Granted, they don't sell narcotics or strong psychotropic meds to you (I tried), but everything else is fine... which makes sense. Seriously: Why the hell do you need a prescription for cholesterol-lowering medications? I mean who wakes up and says, "To hell with the doctor telling me I'm as fit as a fiddle! I think I shall lower my serum LDL to obscene levels! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the chemist for my Lipitor fix!"

Anyway... for those smokers out there, try Zyban. It works. Sorry, but if you're in America, you'll need a prescription... unlike Marlboros which are OTC.

No comments: