Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Daily Report: Tic-Tac Heaven

I woke Pui up so that she could get Pot ready for school at 7:00 this morning. She seemed her regular chipper self on the outside, though an occasional grimace let me know that she was a bit sore on the inside. She did wonder where the noodles left on the kitchen table came from.

Midway through the morning, Pui came up and closed my office door, apologizing in advance for cooking some really stinky food downstairs. That's right: If you are a Thai person and your head is throbbing from a hangover, what's the first thing you want to put in your stomach? Food that smells like a cross between dirty socks and vomit.

Work went okay today. Only got about three-quarters of the way through my morning goals, and about two-thirds of the way through my evening goals. Still though... about double what it takes for me to call it a "bad" day of work. I had my standard "I can't think of anything to eat for lunch" meal of spaghetti with chicken meat sauce.

In the evening, Pot and I went to 7-11, where I picked up some beer and nuts to wind down my evening. I forget how easy it is to spend time with your kids. I'm always planning great weekend adventures and activities, but Pot is as easy as any other kid: A 15-minute jaunt to the local convenience store to get a box of Tic-Tacs is as good as life gets for a 5-year-old.

No comments: