Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ladyboys Rounded Up, Fined, And Released

I think that one of the principal problems with ladyboys in Pattaya is that there isn't a ladyboy gogo bar for them to work in. There is the Jenny Star Bar for kathoeys on Walking Street, but I think that the central, open-front, very public location scares off a lot of potential customers who are a little bit shy about being seen hitting on a ladyboy. I think the ladyboys know this, and that is why they go to the shadows of Beach Road.

Somebody could make a fair amount of money by opening up a transsexual gogo bar in Pattaya that is someplace close to — but not directly on — the major tourist thoroughfares in Pattaya. God knows that there are enough guys out there who like ladyboys a whole bunch to support one gogo bar... and God knows there are enough good-looking ladyboys in Pattaya to staff one gogo bar.

Anyway, as things are now, the ladyboys all hang out on Beach Road and eventually they start being stupid and pissing everybody off. Then the cops come along, round them all up, charge them 200 baht... (I like this sentence in the article: "Because this group were not seen committing a crime they could only be fined 200 Baht each at Pattaya Police Station before being released." It tells you a lot about a ladyboy's bottom-of-the-barrel status in Pattaya) ... before sending them right back to what they were doing before.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a LB gogo called Stringfellows on one of the sois near Walking Street. I've never been there but I've seen it mentioned in the bar crawls and trip reports on some BBS's.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Apparently so. I Googled it, and it is on Soi Yamato. (I don't know which one that is... can anybody help on that?)

Anyway, they should put up a website, because it seems that tranny chasers do nothing except surf the internet all day: J.I.P. is hardly a blog that discusses ladyboys much, but just because the word has appeared on my blog a few times, I get a dozen hits a day from people doing google searches for "Ladyboys, Pattaya".

If somebody from Stringfellows is reading this: Put up a website, and start doing a little advertising. I know most every nook and cranny of Pattaya, but I (who has had kathoey friends in Pattaya going as long as I've been here) have never heard of the place.

Anonymous said...

I am not a big fan of LB,s but I do know the Soi Yamato very well. Soi Yamato is next to Soi Post office between 2nd RD and Beach RD. It has lots of Expat bars and also stringfellos which I try to avoid walking to close to. That bar is the 3rd on the right side when walking from 2nd rd toward beach road. Never looked for LBs or their bars but I do know thier is not any lack of them. They exist everywhere and are not as rare as you would think. Not my cup of tea but to each thier own! From Jakal

Anonymous said...

soi yamato is soi 13/1 there are 3 lb bars in the soi

Anonymous said...

stringfellows is located just off soi 13 the same st where starbucks is located if you are walking towarards walking st going towards jomtien just turn left at starbucks about half way up on the left side you will find the ladyboys will find you