Thursday, November 30, 2006

Daily Report: Chrome Pole Report

First half of the day went per script... although today was two-thirds of a day instead of half a day. (Baloney sandwiches for lunch.)

This evening, it was off to TQ2 with Willie for Bob's free barbeque buffet (along with the standard/obligatory hanging out with friends type of evening). It was Willie's first time to TQ2 and he was properly impressed with the music ("I told you so Willie!") and the food ("I told you so Willie!") and the friends buying rounds ("I told you so Willie!"). Willie thus pledged all the remaining Thursdays in his life to TQ2.

--> Photo of my TQ2 girlfriend (as opposed to my all-the-other-times girlfriend, Pui), this is Jip, whose name rather comically/oddly matches the name of this blog, J.I.P. (I define a TQ2 girlfriend as "a good friend of my girlfriend's who works at my favorite bar whom, in the absence of my girlfriend, I buy drinks for, cuddle with, talk to and (most importantly) will not get in trouble for associating with.")

Now normaly, Thursdays for Jil consist of TQ2, a visit to the banana pancake people, and then home by 9:00 p.m. But, with the dilettante greenhorn Willie by my side, the night simply could not be called to end. Therefore...

First, it was of to Catz, home of one of Pattaya's best happy hours (until 9:30 p.m.) where all drinks are 65 baht.

Then it was off to "Roxy" (which has replaced "Electric Blue"... and whatever came in between) for a beer. (Jil's official bar report: Well worth a visit, once you've seen all the shows at Angelwitch.)

From there, it was over to Champion A-GoGo where I got to see something so special-slash-odd that a friend had to remind me "Jil, don't you dare take a picture." Don't worry: I won't forget/remember, and neither will anyone else who was with me.

So did I mention Mad Mick is back in town?

After Champion, Willie, Mad Mick and I went off to the Beach Club to perform gynecologic exams (why anyone would go to Beachclub for a different reason is beyond me) and then finally off to home. (The pancake people were tragically absent from Soi Marine Plaza tonight. Damn them all.)

So, as per usual, I shall remind myself that the average Thursday night in Pattaya of drunken revelry, ogling girlie ta-tas, drinking, eating, fondling and carousing is what the average person back home hopes to do one night per decade in order to justify their sad existence back home.

Keep saving up my poor friends. Someday... for 2 or 3 days perhaps... all of this can be yours. Me? I'll be back next Thursday, as per usual.

(NOTE: Time stamp artificially manipulated to get this post to correspond to the date it refers to.)

No comments: