Thursday, November 09, 2006

Daily Report: Bottomless Beer

After finally falling asleep at just past midnight last night, for reasons entirely beyond my grasp, I awoke like a clap at 5:30 a.m. this morning. Not only that, but I immediately bounded down the steps to the kitchen to make my coffee as if I had lost 80 pounds overnight.

After an hour of reading the news, I got to work, and busted out a half a day's work in what seemed like an effortless 4 hours. What an amazing start to my day!

For lunch, Pui and I went to visit our friend Geordan, who owns an Aikido studio on Beach Road. I want Pot to begin his studies, and Pui wants to study as well. Unfortunately, Geordan's aikido classes are only taught in English, so we reluctantly settled on the Taekwondo classes which are taught in Thai. So, after swimming ends at 5:00, Pui will be picking up Pot from school and going to martial arts classes on Monday through Thursday.

After visiting with Geordan, it was off to Subway for lunch, and a visit to an English school where Pui would like to put in some studies.

Then, it was back home where my 5½ hours of sleep interfered with my second half of the day's work. (I didn't take a nap, mind you... I just didn't get any work done.)

At 6:00, it was out to TQ2. I was dragging so bad by this point, it was going to be a quick "hello, drink 2 beers, eat some ribs, and then go home to bed" kind of visit. Unfortunately, my friends had different plans. After my 2 initial beers... Ray, Bob, and Lovolt Steve conspired to keep me around by buying me round after round after round. So, after my initial 2 beers, I had 6 more before my friends actually took the time to ask me if I wanted another beer, to which I responded with a mile-wide yawn.

So I finally made it home at 10:00 (as opposed to 8:00), and have valiantly sacrificed 20 minutes of what could have been sleep time to jot down my daily experiences just for you, my faithful reader.

No comments: