Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday Dog Blogging?

This is our newest addition, as of today, Mickey.

He is Mike and Reeza's dog, but unfortunately they have moved to a house that does not allow dogs, so Mickey is going to be our guest for the time being. (I've tried to start calling him "Spud", but he's not going for it.)

He's got a nice big booming bark and funnily enough, as I write this, the water delivery guys pulled into the driveway, and Mickey's first "intruder test" went off without a hitch: As Mike promised, nobody comes onto my property without me knowing about it. (Of course, now Mickey is following the water delivery fellow around, tail wagging, wanting to play.)

My overnight security guard is as pleased as punch too: He's doing his rounds with Mickey strutting along beside him, both of them putting on airs, both feeling much more important, and both having much more fun with their job as Jil's Early Warning System®.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Riza was so sad on the way home because she felt she was deserting her "mickey" but she was happy that he seemed content and even ran off as we were leaving as if to say "this is my new home now and I am NOT leaving with you" At least we know Mickey will get a lot more attention as both Riza and I now are out all day. Thanks from the heart Jil, at least we know we can visit Mickey often over a G&T or two!