Sunday, August 06, 2006

Tour Of Laos, Day 1

It was off to Laos again for a week, this time taking along Pui and Pot. We traveled with my friend Rick, his wife from Laos, Da, his coworkers Justin (with girlfriend Raht) and Dave, plus three students of Rick's English Teacher School, Kailosh, Pascal, and Caroline.

We hired a van to take us from Pattaya to the train station in Bangkok, and from there we took the overnight train to Nong Khai on the Mekong River.

I bought first class tickets for Pui and myself because I find it very difficult to sleep with the side-to-side rocking of the train cars when I am lying lengthwise in the car (which you do in second class, where all of my fellow travelers rode), as opposed to widthwise (as in first class). The 12 air conditioning jets right over my upper bunk were an added bonus.

We all gathered in the restaurant car and hung out until closing when we finally went to sleep.

No comments: