Thursday, August 03, 2006

New Phone

It is the duty of every Farang to buy Thai people mobile phones as often as they would like.

Well, not quite, but I've gotten that impression from a few girls I've known. Pui most certainly is not one of them. She has been carrying around the same beat-up light-blue Nokia p.o.s. wrapped in a clear jello-plastic protective cover since 1999 or so. She fully intended to be buried with it decades hence.

Today, at the Tukcom Mega Technology Center, while Pui was browsing for some earphones, I spotted a most interesting phone being sold used for 3,000 baht. Now, knowing that eventually Pui will need a new phone, and that could mean (would mean) spending much more than 3,000 baht, I decided that this was a good phone, and talked Pui into buying it.

Besides, you have to admit that it is cool. I mean... it's small and square. That's cool. It has a camera, and the screen on the inside plays all sorts of funky graphics, and well... all of that.

Well, I like it, and it sure beats the hell out of having to buy a 20,000 baht Nokia down the line.

No comments: