Thursday, December 01, 2005

How Is The New Maid Doing?

My family can attest to my fastidious nature. When I was 12 years old, I would get bored and spend 5 hours re-arranging the kitchen cabinets from top to bottom... which any normal 12-year-old (and most psychologists) will tell you is borderline neurotic.

Fortunately though, I understand that most people (including maids) do not operate on the same level of organization and tidiness that I do. Therefore people who work for me only have to keep the house in a general state of cleanliness to keep me happy.

Go, my new maid... she's on my level. I'm quite sure that it has nothing to do with her desire to keep her job or make me happy. No: She putters around cleaning everything like her sanity depended on it. Took tells me that Go simply gets edgy if she sits around too long not doing something. Look at my closet. Each one of those towels, unfolded, is a different size. That grey shirt is a lounge-around tank top, ironed and folded within an inch of it's life.

Look at this drawer in the kitchen. Do you know what those are? They are plastic grocery bags, each one pressed flat, and then folded and tucked into neat little triangles, stored away for use in holding rubbish or what-have-you.

Oh... and I won't even talk about the perfect condition of the yard: There isn't a square inch of anything I own that doesn't get a daily going over by SuperMaid©.

All this for $175 per month plus $1 a day for food. Boo-yah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT your maid!! Sell her to me on the black market ::grins::

Anonymous said...

She sounds like a gem. Keep her.
JWW

Anonymous said...

You are overpaying by an easy 4ooo baht .......

No wonder she is trying to keep so busy.



How long have you been in LOS ?