Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Chrome Pole Report

Once a month, Steve of TQ2 does the leg work for his once-a-month "Out for a Beer" column. So he, Bob, Ray, and I went out... for much more than just "a beer".

First we got warmed up at TQ2 with the regular insane buy-a-round game going on at full blast. For the first time, I actually managed to buy a round myself! It was ugly from the get-go though, with me putting away 6 beers and 3 vodka tonics before the official bar hopping got underway.

First, we wandered all the way down to the far end of Walking Street and tried out Club Boesché (pronounced "Boo-shay") which was quite nice really. There was a hot tub built into the floor, a glass-walled shower, and a glass-floored stage upstairs that will put a crick in your neck. Unfortunately, I was already too far gone at this point to notice whether any of the girls were pretty or not. I tacked on 4 Bacardi Breezers at that bar.

Then, it was back down Walking Street a short way to Teasers... another new gogo bar. We lasted for one drink at that place as it was kind of crap... I think. I really don't remember.

After that, it was off to Dollhouse where Steve started buying pitchers of frozen kamikazes. I think I knocked back 6 or 7 shots of that stuff before surrendering and saying my goodbyes.

That was easily the most drinking I have done in a single night in a decade... possibly ever. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been all over the map with my drink choices... but Monday was a complete loss. It's now Tuesday evening and I've finally made it back to 100% only recently.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jil, enjoyed your report of a night out. This club Boesche sounds worth a visit. Like the idea of the hot tub. Have you visited the Covent Garden beer bar complex yet ? That seems fairly new. Good show !