Saturday, December 16, 2006

This Is Going To Get Annoying Real Quick

With the passing of one stocky 41-year-old farang, Pui is now looking at her own stocky 37-year-old farang and is terribly concerned.

Terribly concerned is fine.

Endlessly trying to convince me that I should start taking red yeast pills and vitamin E and garlic tablets and Chineese goat testicle extract or some such nonsense isn't so fine. And Pui is pretty indignant at the fact that I won't take them.

I've tried to explain that Steve had a family history of people having heart attacks in their 40's (starting most notably with his own father... something I just found out yesterday), and nobody in my family has ever had a heart attack that I am aware of, but Pui just sees one friendly guy who was exercising, eating right, hanging out at TQ2 for some occasional drinks, who was snatched from her, and another friendly guy doing all the same things who doesn't see the writing on the wall.

But... if I just take essence of "milk pepper whistle weed" everything will be alright.

And truth be told, I'm kind of nervous about taking pills that Pui offers me. She has no real idea what the pills do, and neither do I. I could start taking the pills and wake up the next day with tits or something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you DO grow tits; I know someone who will pay your barfine..