Saturday, October 15, 2005

Flowers Galore

Before...

So the first thing I promised myself when I moved into a house with a yard was that I was going to dress it up nicely. Flowers are cheap in Thailand and labor is even cheaper.

So, I went to the nursery, hired three guys for the day, purchased about 250 full-grown flowers of various colors plus about 1000 pounds of poo-dirt, and $200 later, I'm bontaniJil.

After...

(This is just the major bed... about half of what was done, all told. Included in the cost was actually digging up the turf, tilling the soil underneath, and putting down the poo-dirt. And they did about half of the job in the rain.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks really really good! How come you didn't lift your little finger to help? Good exercise.
JWW

Jil Wrinkle said...

I helped a little bit... mostly just by demonstrating or putting plants where I wanted them. But seriously, the farang joining in with the peasant labor... that would have made everybody uncomfortable, I think.